Professor in Computer Science
University of Bretagne Sud
IRISA, Expression team
Campus de Tohannic, Vannes, France
Office Hours: Email only
|E-Mail: sylvie.||gibet @ univ-ubs||.fr|
My research focuses on the modeling, analysis and generation of expressive gesture. I have mainly studied expert gestures with strong semantics such as sign language gestures, but also musical gestures such as percussing or conducting gestures, or affective theatrical movements.
Keywords: Gesture, Semantics, Expressiveness, Analysis, Recognition, Synthesis, Sign Language, Musical Gesture, Performing Arts
- Functional programming in Ocaml (Licence)
- Algorithms and Data Structure in Python (Licence)
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning (Master)
- Movement and Artificial Intelligence (Master)
- Interactive multimedia projects with motion Capture, 3D and sound processing (Master)
Sign Language Gestures
Expressive gestures for Performing Arts
- ANR INGREDIBLE (2012-2016): Analysis and synthesis of theatrical gestures
- INTERACT (2012-2016): Gestural interaction through expressive conducting gestures
- ICCASS (2006-2010): Control and animation of a virtual percusionist
- COST-287 (2003-2007): Gesture control of audionumerical systems
- HuGEx (2003-2007): Humanoid endowed with Expressive Gestures
- Tiago Brizolara da Rosa started his PhD in November 2018, with co-advisor Caroline Larboulette.
- Lucie Naert started her PhD in October 2016, with co-advisor Caroline Larboulette.
- Clément Reverdy started his PhD in October 2014, with co-advisor Caroline Larboulette.
- Lei Chen started her PhD in October 2012, with co-advisor Marcelo Wanderley, McGill University.
- Pamela Carreno-Medrano defended her PhD in November 2016, with co-advisor Pierre-Francois Marteau.
- Thibaut Le Naour defended his PhD in December 2013, with co-advisor Nicolas Courty.
- Kyle Duarte defended his PhD in June 2012.
- Charly Awad defended his PhD in February 2011, with co-advisor Nicolas Courty.
- Alexandre Bouenard defended his PhD in December 2009, with co-advisor Marcelo Wanderley, McGill University.
- Alexis Héloir defended his PhD in January 2008, with co-advisors Nicolas Courty and Franck Multon (MIMETIC-INRIA),
- Matthieu Aubry defended his PhD in July 2009, University Bretagne Ouest, with co-advisors Frédéric Julliard and Pierre de Loor.
- Frédéric Julliard defended his PhD at LIMSI in January 2001, with co-director Joseph Mariani, University of Paris Sud .
- Thierry Lebourque defended his PhD at LIMSI in July 1998, with co-director Gerard Ligozat, University of Paris Sud.