- I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of Rennes 1, France, in 1997.
My supervisor was Professor Guy Lorette.
- I received my Accreditation to Supervise Research (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches, HDR) in october 2008.
- I am currently Professor in the Computer Science department at “Institut National des Sciences Appliquées” (INSA).
- I created the new company EVODIA with 3 team members in October 2005.
EVODIA has been prizewinner – both in the “emerging” and “creation” categories by the Ministry for Research.
Today, EVODIA activity has been taken over by a new company : SCRIPT&Go company.
The mission of the company is to industrialise and to commercialize the technology developed by the INTUIDOC team.
- I’m the program manager of the new Master of Science on « Innovation and Entrepreneurship ».
This MSc is linked both to Rennes School of Business & INSA de Rennes .
- I am the leader of the research group INTUIDOC at the IRISA laboratory (Institut de Recherche en Informatique et Systèmes Aléatoires), France.
- I am the Scientific Manager of BPI Project “IntuiScript” (2014-2018)
- I am the leader of the Joint laboratory (LabCom: Script&Labs) between IntuiDoc and Script&G
Focus on the IntuiScript PIA-BPI Project
IntuiScript is a three years research project founded by the French government as part of innovative projects (BPI) in the e-education field targeting the introduction of innovative services and digital contents in the development of fundamental skills at school. The main objective of the IntuiScript project is to ofer an advanced digital writing learning experience at school by using pen-based tablet. This project is structured around the conception of a digital workbook to help teachers and children from three to seven years old during the handwriting learning process, by giving on-line and off-line feedback. The former gives a personalised feedback to children to help them to learn from their mistakes with autonomy by presenting them adapted pedagogic content. The latter is a detailed analysis for teachers to evaluate the content of the digital workbook composed of the historic of all letters written by a children.
The Intuiscript project has been featured in several french television news bulletin:
Focus on the Joint laboratory (LabCom: Script&Labs)
With the great success of the IntuiScript Project (BPI/PIA-2) (https://www-intuidoc.irisa.fr/projet- intuiscript/), we want to consolidate our implication in e-education to achieve innovative contribution based on pen-based tablet devices. In that way, we build a ANR joint laboratory (LabCom) between IntuiDoc and Script&Go Company on this promising topic. This new structured partnership would have the goal to design new educational learning experience at school by using tablet and tactile digital devices: handwriting learning, genera- tive drawing/sketching, on-line handwritten arithmetic expression, collaborative interaction using 2D gestures, document annotation. . .