What is MUESLI?
MUESLI is a free numerical and graphical library, written mainly in Fortran 95 and developped
since 2003 by Édouard Canot.
For a first introduction, see the
The available release is numbered 2.9.3 and dated 2014-06-23.
BLAS / LAPACK
must be available on the target machine. The following versions (older ones may or
may not work) are recommended:
- it is intended to work under Linux systems. Contrary to the past, only
four Fortran 95 compilers are supported:
Please use the whole linux archive.
- FSF g95 compiler. Versions 0.92 (Jun 2009), 0.93 (Aug 2010) and 0.94 (Jan 2013)
all work well; they can be found here. The g95 compiler can be used also to work under a 64-bit OS
(e.g. x86_64 architecture), but be aware to use a version of g95 which defaults to
32-bit integer (32 bit D.I.).
- GNU gfortran, version ≥ 4.4 (version numbers 4.4 to 4.9 are ok)
- INTEL ifort, version ≥ 9 (version numbers 9 to 14 are ok)
- for a Windows system, MUESLI is restricted to the numerical part and is intended
to be compiled under
MinGW; please use the following links (sources for FML part only):
Note: refer to this Windows page providing binary
files for MinGW (32- or 64bit).
- MUESLI needs also a C and a C++ compiler. GCC works well but a version ≥ 4.4
is required (this applies for both the Linux and the MinGW versions). INTEL and
Solaris Studio actually constitute compiler suites, which provide their own C and C++ compilers.
They can be get here.
Caution: versions 3.2.0 and 3.4.0 lead to either run-time error or wrong results in MUESLI.
- 3.3.1 (Apr 18, 2011),
- 3.4.2 (Sep 25, 2012) or
- 3.5.0 (Nov 16, 2013).
Preferably, the user should fix the bug number 144 (see
hold for both 3.4.2 and 3.5.0.
The Installation Guide and the
Reference Manual can also be downloaded.
- 2014-06-23: Release of the 2.9.3 version, which fixes an important bug in
- 2014-05-28: New archive of the 2.9.2 version (fix for an error in the test of
- 2014-05-01: Release of the 2.9.2 version. Many graphic improvements. SortRows
is a new routine. LsqNonLin accepts now more optional arguments.
- 2014-03-14: Release of the 2.9.1 version. Improvements in some graphical
routines (msText, mfGinput - be aware that the API of this latter
routine has been changed). Bug fixes in read/write XPM images.
- 2014-02-21: Small fix for improved configure and Makefiles.
- 2014-02-18: Release of the 2.9.0 version. 'show_backtrace' is available
for GCC version greater than 4.4 ; therefore, GCC-4.3 support has been
- 2014-02-05: Release of the 2.8.6 version. Few bugs fixed, especially in
'msPColor' (print in EPS is good now). 'msContour' has been improved,
(labelling contours works now better) but its API has been modified.
New routine 'mfCheckPerm' can be used to check whether a permutation
vector is valid.
- older news can be found here.
For any question, please contact the author:
mail Édouard Canot
Come back to the author web page.
Last page modification: 2014-06-23