What is MUESLI?
MUESLI is a free numerical and graphical library, written mainly in Fortran 95 and developped
since 2003 by Édouard Canot.
For a first introduction, see the
The available release is numbered 2.9.7 and dated 2015-01-28.
BLAS / LAPACK
must be available on the target machine. The following versions (older ones may or
may not work) are recommended:
- it is intended to work under Linux systems. Contrary to the past, only
two Fortran 95 compilers are supported:
Please use the whole linux archive.
- GNU gfortran, version ≥ 4.4 (version numbers 4.4 to 4.9 are ok)
- INTEL ifort, version ≥ 13 (version numbers 9 to 12 may work, but are no
- for a Windows system, MUESLI is restricted to the numerical part and is intended
to be compiled under
MinGW; please use the following links (sources for FML part only):
Note: refer to this Windows page providing binary
files for MinGW (32- or 64bit).
- MUESLI needs also a C and a C++ compiler. GCC works well but a version ≥ 4.4
is required (this applies for both the Linux and the MinGW versions). INTEL and
Solaris Studio actually constitute compiler suites, which provide their own C and C++ compilers.
They can be get here.
Caution: versions 3.2.0 and 3.4.0 lead to either run-time error or wrong results in MUESLI.
- 3.3.1 (Apr 18, 2011),
- 3.4.2 (Sep 25, 2012) or
- 3.5.0 (Nov 16, 2013).
Preferably, the user should fix the bug number 144 (see
hold for both 3.4.2 and 3.5.0.
The Installation Guide and the
Reference Manual can also be downloaded.
- 2015-01-28: Release of the 2.9.7 version: Improvements of ODE/DAE solvers.
Bug fixes. Simply Fortran windows binaries are planned to be
updated in few days...
- 2014-10-03: New 2.9.5 version: fix of the jacobian saving for DAE solver.
- 2014-08-18: Release of the 2.9.5 version. Improvements of the stopping
conditions for the DaeSolve routine. Pay attention that the "End Condition" in
OdeSolve/BDF is broken! Use DaeSolve/BDF instead... A future version should
- 2014-07-31: Release of the 2.9.4 version. Improvements of the OdeSolve
routine: implementation of three different stopping conditions. Be aware
that the API of the argument routines (deriv, jac, resid, ...) has been changed!
- 2014-06-23: Release of the 2.9.3 version, which fixes an important bug in
- 2014-05-28: New archive of the 2.9.2 version (fix for an error in the test of
- 2014-05-01: Release of the 2.9.2 version. Many graphic improvements. SortRows
is a new routine. LsqNonLin accepts now more optional arguments.
- 2014-03-14: Release of the 2.9.1 version. Improvements in some graphical
routines (msText, mfGinput - be aware that the API of this latter
routine has been changed). Bug fixes in read/write XPM images.
- 2014-02-21: Small fix for improved configure and Makefiles.
- 2014-02-18: Release of the 2.9.0 version. 'show_backtrace' is available
for GCC version greater than 4.4 ; therefore, GCC-4.3 support has been
- 2014-02-05: Release of the 2.8.6 version. Few bugs fixed, especially in
'msPColor' (print in EPS is good now). 'msContour' has been improved,
(labelling contours works now better) but its API has been modified.
New routine 'mfCheckPerm' can be used to check whether a permutation
vector is valid.
- older news can be found here.
For any question, please contact the author:
mail Édouard Canot
Come back to the author web page.
Last page modification: 2015-01-28