What is MUESLI?
MUESLI is a free numerical and graphical library, written mainly in Fortran 95
and developped by Édouard Canot.
For a first introduction, see the
The available release is numbered 2.9.9 and dated 2015-03-03.
BLAS / LAPACK
must be available on the target machine. The following versions (older ones may or
may not work) are recommended:
- it is intended to work under Linux systems. Contrary to the past, only
two Fortran 95 compilers are supported:
Please use the whole
- GNU gfortran, version ≥ 4.5 (version numbers 4.5 to 4.9 are ok)
- INTEL ifort, version ≥ 13 (version numbers 11 and 12 may work, but are
no longer supported)
- for a Windows system, MUESLI is restricted to the numerical part and is
intended to be compiled under
MinGW; please use the following links (sources for FML part only):
Note: refer to this Windows page providing
binary files for MinGW (32- or 64bit).
- MUESLI needs also a C and a C++ compiler. GCC and INTEL actually
constitute compiler suites, which provide their own C and C++ compilers.
They can be get here.
Caution: versions 3.2.0 and 3.4.0 lead to either run-time error or wrong results in MUESLI.
- 3.3.1 (Apr 18, 2011),
- 3.4.2 (Sep 25, 2012) or
- 3.5.0 (Nov 16, 2013).
Preferably, the user should fix the bug number 144 (see
hold for both 3.4.2 and 3.5.0.
The Installation Guide and the
Reference Manual can also be downloaded.
- 2015-03-03: Fix of the 2.9.9 version. Added stable box-constrained
algorithm for LsqNonLin.
- 2015-02-25: Release of the 2.9.9 version. Improvements of the non
linear solvers and integrators. Fix the automatic checks (quick and
full) of the user-provided jacobian routine. Added the 'rational basis'
optional case for the Reduced Row Echelon Form (msRref) routine.
- 2015-02-11: Release of the 2.9.8 version. Many improvements for the
following routines: OdeSolve/DaeSolve, LsqNonLin. Due to the use of
procedure pointers in LsqNonLin, the GCC-4.5 is the minimum version
to use; therefore the GCC-4.4 support has been stopped.
- 2015-01-30: Updated binaries of Muesli-FML for use with Simply Fortran
(Approximatrix) under Windows are available here.
- 2015-01-28: Release of the 2.9.7 version: Improvements of ODE/DAE solvers.
- 2014-10-03: New 2.9.5 version: fix of the jacobian saving for DAE solver.
- 2014-08-18: Release of the 2.9.5 version. Improvements of the stopping
conditions for the DaeSolve routine. Pay attention that the "End Condition" in
OdeSolve/BDF is broken! Use DaeSolve/BDF instead... A future version should
- 2014-07-31: Release of the 2.9.4 version. Improvements of the OdeSolve
routine: implementation of three different stopping conditions. Be aware
that the API of the argument routines (deriv, jac, resid, ...) has been changed!
- 2014-06-23: Release of the 2.9.3 version, which fixes an important bug in
- 2014-05-28: New archive of the 2.9.2 version (fix for an error in the test of
- 2014-05-01: Release of the 2.9.2 version. Many graphic improvements. SortRows
is a new routine. LsqNonLin accepts now more optional arguments.
- 2014-03-14: Release of the 2.9.1 version. Improvements in some graphical
routines (msText, mfGinput - be aware that the API of this latter
routine has been changed). Bug fixes in read/write XPM images.
- 2014-02-21: Small fix for improved configure and Makefiles.
- 2014-02-18: Release of the 2.9.0 version. 'show_backtrace' is available
for GCC version greater than 4.4 ; therefore, GCC-4.3 support has been
- older news can be found here.
For any question, please contact the author:
mail Édouard Canot
Come back to the author web page.
Last page modification: 2015-03-03