Since September 2009, I am Associate Professor at University of Rennes 1. I am evolving within the research team DiverSE (formerly Triskell), joint to the IRISA and Inria labs. I am interested in software engineering, including model driven software engineering (MDE), software language engineering (SLE) and software validation & verification (V&V); mostly in the context of (smart) cyber-physical systems and Internet of things. I am also teaching object-oriented programming, software and systems modeling, MDE, SLE and V&V in the engineering school ESIR. I also used to teach MDE and V&V worldwide in various engineering schools and universities.
In 2015 I received my Habilitation in Computer Science (in French Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) from University of Rennes 1. I earned a PhD in Computer Science in 2008 from University of Toulouse, awarded by the prize Leopold Escande. I graduated as M.Sc. in Computer Science in 2005 from University of Toulouse.
From 2013 to 2016, I have been on secondment at Inria (Rennes), as Research Computer Scientist in the DiverSE research team. From 2010 to 2015, I have been also a regular visiting researcher at the Computer Science Department of Colorado State University (USA), in the group of Prof. Robert B. France.
Before joining University of Rennes 1, I was a postdoctoral fellow at INRIA between August, 2008 and August 2009 within the team AtlanMod. Prior to that, I was PhD candidate from 2005 to 2008 within the teams ACADIE and MACAO of the IRIT lab. I was also a teacher assistant at the IUT B de Blagnac (2004-2005) and at the INPT ENSEEIHT school of engineering (2005-2008). I used to teach in various engineering schools, such as INSA Toulouse (2006-2009), INSA Rennes (2009-2012), CentraleSupelec (2012-2016) and ENSAI (2012-2016).
I co-authored 3 books, and more than 80 journal and conference publications in the fields of MDE, SLE and V&V. I also edited 2 books and various special issues in scientific journals. I’m a member of the Steering Committee of the SLE conference, and the Editorial Boards of the international journals SoSyM (Springer), COMLAN (Elsevier), and SCP (Elsevier). I have been the program co-chair of SLE 2014, and general co-chair of MODELS 2016 and SLE 2017. I also used to serve as program committee member for various conferences and workshops in software engineering. I am also very active in setting up and participating to satellite events of flagship conferences, including organizing workshops and panels. I coordinated and participated to many collaborative projects, either directly with industry or in projects funded by the European Union or the French government. I am also a founding member of the GEMOC initiative, an international effort to develop techniques, frameworks, and environments to facilitate the creation, integration, and automated processing of heterogeneous modeling languages.
Awards, Diploma and Positions:
- Since Sept. 2009: Associate Professor at University of Rennes 1
- 2013-2017: Prime d’excellence scientifique (bonus for scientific excellence) from the University of Rennes 1
- 2015: Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR) in Computer Science from University of Rennes 1
- 2013-2016: Research Scientist at INRIA (secondment)
- 2010-2015: Regular visiting researcher at the Computer Science Department, Colorado State University (USA), in the group of Prof. Robert B. France (Tribute to Robert B. France)
- Oct. 2008 – Aug. 2009: Grant from Inria for a post-doctoral position
- 2008: Leopold Escande Prize 2008 for my PhD Thesis.
- 2008: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science from University of Toulouse
- 2005-2008: Grant from the French Ministry of Research for a doctoral position (MENRT scholarship), and PhD candidate in the CNRS IRIT lab
- 2005-2008: Teaching assistant (moniteur in french) in the engineering school INPT ENSEEIHT
- Substitute Teacher (vacataire in french) at IUP NTIE (2009), INSA de Rennes (2009-2010), INSA de Toulouse (2006-2009), and IUT Blagnac (2004-2005)
- 2005: Magister Scientiæ (M.Sc.) in Computer Science (software safety) from the University of Toulouse
- 2004: Maîtrise ès sciences in Computer Science (new technologies in IT for enterprises) from the University of Toulouse
- 2002-2004: Software Engineer at INEO SCLE Ferroviaire